Time for a heraldic historic deep-dive. Together with Gary Holian I'm proud to present a look at the heraldry some of the best and worst of the Great Kingdom, the Saints and the Death Knights.
A flaming trident forged from the strength of Pelor himself used by the patron saint of the Knight Protectors Sir Benedor Monlath of Chathold.
Saint Ceril "The Relentless"
The patron of the Pale and a legendary Pholtian.
Saint Eleador the Survivor
This is an old shield that might need updating, but I include it now to make the list complete.
Also an old design included for completion.
Luren the Boar
Sir Maeril of Naelax
Rezinar of Haxx
and last but not least Thyrian of Naelax
a HUGE thanks to Gary Holian for helping me on this!
You can find more about the characters behind these crests here:
- Bennie, Scott. "Setting Saintly Standards." Dragon #79. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1983.
- Bonny, Ed, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, Skip Williams, and Steve Winter. Monster Manual II. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2002.
- Cordell, Bruce R. Bastion of Faith. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 1999.
- Holian, Gary. "The Death Knights of Oerth." Dragon' #290. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2001.
- "Demogorgon's Champions: The Death Knights of Oerth, part 2." Dragon #291. Bellevue, WA: Paizo Publishing, 2002.
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K. Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2000.
- Reynolds, Sean K. "The Lost Temple of Demogorgon." Dungeon #120. Bellevue, WA: Paizo Publishing, 2005.
- Sennert, Matthew. "Ecology of the Death Knight." Dragon #360. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2007.
and more in various issues of Oerth Journal.